Monday, March 12, 2012

About getting started... and rabbits...

My idea in starting a blog was sharing my favorite projects, decorating and gardening ideas, recipes, and art inspirations.  I love finding inexpensive ways to decorate, projects I can do with my kids, and ways to update the things I already have in my home without spending too much.
My mom has always been such a creative inspiration - she can create the most beautiful smocked dresses, and at least half the curtains in my house have come out of her closets, where she had them stored from previous homes.
I love seeing a problem and trying to find a creative solution. For example, being a military wife, we have no idea where we'll end up next. It can get expensive buying curtains and furniture for the current house when you don't know if you'll be able to use it again in the future.  With the curtains that my mom made, I can adjust the pleats using a special tape she used, so I can hang them multiple ways on a variety of window sizes.
I also love checking out thrift and liquidation stores to find furniture to clean up or refinish. I have quite a few projects on the To-Do list, and look forward to sharing the mess, the process, and the finished product.
But I'm always looking for questions to answer, and new problems to tackle. So please, if you have a dilemma, share it! The online community is a great place to find answers, and it's even better when it's an answer to your specific problem.
One of my favorite quotes is from John Steinbeck: "Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen."  I can most definitely vouch for the truth of that quote. In starting a blog, and telling others about my projects, I am hoping it will give me some motivation to get these rabbits under control!
Time to get going... got to go find those car keys...
~aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment