|Found on Pinterest, original source:|
When I saw this on Pinterest, I knew I wanted one. When I was next in the local dollar store, I found all the supplies I needed.
2 blocks of florists foam
2 sheets of floral moss
1 stem of white berries
hot glue gun and glue sticks
I started out using the WordArt function in Word to print a template for the shape. Using an kitchen knife, I carefully cut the foam block in half lengthwise, making it not so thick. Then I cut the three sections of the "A", and covered them with the florists moss, except for where the pieces glued together. After assembling and gluing the sections together, I added the white berry springs for some interest. I disply it on an antique sandwich platter I found at a flea market and added some porcelain rabbits I bought at Tuesday Morning ($2.99). I'm still deciding whether the green moss would be better, but I did the whole project (not counting glue sticks) for $5.48. Not too shabby.
I find when working with messy supplies like these, it's good to cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil as a work surface, and use a paper plate to hold the hot glue gun. When you're finished, you can wrap the whole mess up in the aluminum foil and throw the whole thing in the trash! :)
|My finished product|